Our mission is to promote awareness, instill acceptance, promote inclusiveness, and foster a welcoming Brecksville community for all LGBTQ+ individuals, young and old, as well as those considering making Brecksville-Broadview Heights their home. We serve the community through educational events, meetings, lectures, training, and other resources in order to expand understanding of and empathy for the daily and overall challenges LGBTQ+ individuals face — and we feel strongly that ultimately, this understanding helps save lives.
Our Vision is to:
- be a community that is welcoming and supportive of LGBTQ+ visitors and neighbors.
to provide resources that inform on LGBTQ+ issues including social, residential, legal, and emotional conflict.
- foster unbiased understanding, empathy and inclusiveness for everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- help interested city officials and local leaders better understand how their actions affect the lives of LGBTQ+ individuals.
- grow our cities into secure places where our LGBTQ+ youth can come out safely, live their authentic lives, and thrive.
- be a community that LGBTQ+ adults seek out to comfortably make their home, with the assurance that their neighbors will treat them as they do any other family.
- help achieve the ultimate goal of lowering the alarmingly high suicide and murder rates among LGBTQ+ individuals.
- see Brecksville and Broadview Heights truly become places of real PRIDE, where we celebrate diversity and culture that all residents bring.
How can you help your neighbors? Join BBH Pride and help us educate, inform, counsel, aid and welcome our LGBTQ+ members of the community!
Are you a member of the LGBTQ community and want to meet your allies? We are here for YOU and want to offer you resources, friendship and support. Click the link!
We are an organized group of citizens who live and work in the Brecksville / Broadview Heights community. Our goal is to create a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for the LGBTQ+ community.
Get to know our group and learn why we do what we do!
Kids: Are you an Ally? FIND OUT